LOreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask Review

22:29 MalaikahR 0 Comments


Where from and how much?
I bought my Clay Mask from Boots on sale for £5 in the UK.

What does it do?
So the mask is basically advertised by Loreal as being able to detoxify and clarify the skin. The charcoal acts as a magnet to draw out any impurities within the skin. The creamy texture is said to detoxify the skin's surface by cleansing deep into the pores, leaving skin clarified and beautified without drying out.

It contains
Kaolin - a natural clay which iabsorbs the impurities and excess sebum.
Montmorillonite - a clay which helps to eliminate imperfections.
Ghassoul - a clay that clarifies the complexion.

How did I apply it?
I applied the mask using a flat foundation brush, I applied a really skin layer and spread it out all over my face.

How long to leave it on for?
Loreal recommends that you leave the mask on for 5-10minutes. I left it on for exactly 10 minutes. I really didn't need to leave it on for any longer as it began drying within 2 minutes and was completely dry after 5minutes of application. This is definitely a bonus as you know it's not one of them masks that end up taking forever to dry when you don't really have much time. Knowing that the mask takes a maximum of 5-7minutes to dry on any person is quite definitely a thumbs up from me. I'm extremely impatient and always get the mask all over my hands when I apply any other mask as it takes its time to dry.
My experience:
Immediately as I applied the mask, I noticed that it was extremely smooth to apply. It wasn't sticky or uncomfortable to apply. As I have sensitive skin especially on my chin area, I did feel a slight tingle for a minute whilst it was drying. The tingle wasn't uncomfortable and it happens to me on that same area with every mask so wasnt really a suprise. It's deffinately not something that would happen to you unless you have extremely sensitive skin like me. However, because it dries super quick it didnt feel uncomfortable, it wasnt messy and it was a treat to apply. I was amazed at how quickly it dried down. Taking it off was just as easy as applying it on. I used a damp wet cloth to remove the mask from my face. Super easy. It didnt stick to any areas and came off straight away. It smoothened my skin immediately, it felt moistured and refreshed. 
I do use quite a few masks and I can deffinately say this one is probably the most refreshing mask I've used. It felt quite awakening. 

(Just mentioning, my mum tried the mask with me and she doesnt have sensitive skin, she didnt feel any tingling when applying and as it was drying) - It was deffinately just me. 

Worth the money?
The mask is advertised as being able to giveyou 10 Applications. Doing the maths  £5 divided by 10, is 50p. Thats 50p for everytime you apply it. Thats ridiculously cheap. I normally get the packet masks for 99p from Wilkinson and Primark and the dont give me half the results that this mask was able to. And knowing that it's basically half the price of the packet masks I used to buy is amazing! Definitely worth the money, when you do the math, right?

What options do I have and Which one should I choose?
Loreal has released 3 different variations of the mask
1. The Detox mask which I used and have just reviewed.
2. The Purity Mask which is enriched with Eucalyptus. It is known to be great for those with sensitive skin and dry skin as reviews say that it isnt as drying as the other two masks.
3. The Glow mask which contains specific brightening properties to illuminate the skin. 

Would I recommend it and who to?
I would highly recommend it to everyone. For the amount that you get, the quality that you get and the price that you can get it for. Its deffinately worh the money. The results are noticeable immeditaely after you use it. Deffinately a treat to use, and I know I'm going to end up finishing it super quick! 



For anyone that has oily skin, This is a mask I highly recommend you use, as it deffinately sucks out all the excess oils in your skin, especially the T-Zone. Try it on before you apply your makeup and it might make a difference. I dont have oily skin so I cant really say it works but it is something I recommend to anyone that has oily skin to try it out and see if it works.

If  you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

I love comments so please leave a comment, even if its just HEY!